- This server provides a compact footprint with high performance and reliability.
- It is ideal for data center integration and virtualization.
- The new 2.8 GHz SPARC64 X processor, with supercomputer technology, provides superior performance for enterprise workloads such as OLTP, ERP, BIDW, SCM, and CRM.
- Software-on-chip instructions on the SPARC64 X processor accelerate key database functions.
- The CPU Activation feature economically and rapidly meets capacity requirements.
- This server features mainframe-class RAS features for 24/7 mission-critical applications.
- Flexible resource configuration using Oracle VM Server for SPARC and Oracle Solaris Zones virtualization technologies.
- The system is managed by the independent service processor’s eXtended System Control Facility (XSCF).
- Firmware updates during system operation are supported
- Power-saving features are built into the processor and the server.
- It scales up to 64 cores.
The Fujitsu M10-4 server is a high-performance, highly reliable midrange server that is ideal for data center integration and virtualization. It can be configured with as many as 64 cores, large memory, and large disk capacity. Processor resources can be expanded incrementally with the CPU Activation feature, which supports adding processor resources one core at a time. Its SPARC64 X (“ten”) processor was developed to deliver dramatic high-speed performance by implementing instructions in hardware that accelerate key software-on-chip functions. The Fujitsu M10-4 server enables highly flexible system configuration with two no-cost virtualization technologies, Oracle VM Server for SPARC and the Oracle Solaris Zones feature of Oracle Solaris.
Protect Your Investment with Reliability, Availability, Serviceability, and Flexibility
The Fujitsu M10-4 server has many mainframe-class reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) features, such as automatic recovery with instruction retry, up to 2 TB of system memory with error-correcting code (ECC) protection with extended ECC support, guaranteed data path integrity, and configurable memory mirroring. In addition, the disks, I/O cards, power supplies, and fans are redundant and hot-swappable. To enhance flexibility, multiple independent logical domains can be configured with Oracle VM Server for SPARC. For additional flexibility, multiple Oracle Solaris zones can be configured in logical domains and processor/memory resource allocation can be changed dynamically. Both Oracle VM Server for SPARC and the Oracle Solaris Zones feature of Oracle Solaris are included in all Fujitsu M10 servers at no cost.
Oracle Solaris: The World’s Most Advanced Operating System
Only Oracle offers the Oracle Solaris Application Guarantee Program, offering guaranteed binary and source-code compatibility for applications dating back to 1997 or earlier. The Fujitsu M10-4 server supports Oracle Solaris 10 and Oracle Solaris 11. In addition, Oracle Solaris 8 and Oracle Solaris 9 are available to use in Oracle Solaris Legacy Containers. Oracle Solaris 10 also delivers Oracle Solaris ZFS and revolutionary features such as dynamic tracing (DTrace), cryptographic infrastructure, user and process rights management, and the Oracle Solaris IP Filter.
|Preceeded By||Oracle Fujitsu M4000, M5000|
|Rack Units||4 RU|
|CPU Socket(s)||As many as four CPUs (two CPUs per board/two boards per unit)|
|Compatible CPU(s)||SPARC64 X 16-core processors, SPARC V9 architecture, ECC-protected|
|Max CPU Clk Spd||2.8 GHz|
|CPU Cache||L1: 64 K data cache and 64 K instruction cache|
|Max # Thread(s)||128|
|Max # Core(s)||64|
|Memory Capacity||Up to 2,048 GB, with 32 GB DIMM|
|Drive Bays||As many as eight 600 GB internal 2.5-in. SAS HDDs or 200 GB SAS SSDs|
|HDD Suitability||SAS HDDs or SSDs|
|Supported OS||Oracle Solaris 10
Oracle Solaris 11
|USB Port(s)||2-port USB|
|PCI Slot(s)||11 PCI Express 3.0 short, low-profile slots (eight lanes)
As many as 71 PCI Express slots with optional PCI expansion unit
|LAN Socket(s)||4-port GbE|